Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Stopping Place















Lye Bow - by the side of the road. (Butchers Dam)

I stopped here today and took a circle of photos of this charmed place. Usually we fly by it on our way through to our journey's end. But as I was on my own today, without a deadline, I stopped.

I was enfolded by silence and sky, water and rock. Paradise ducks, in retreat mode, called from on the water, wary of my approach. Bulrushes still in their thin summer green, quivered in the autumn air. Rose-hip berries like un-fallen drops of blood, ached to be plucked.

Today I fought a dragon called grey rain and won. Today I faced the truth of unseen protection head-on.

At the end of my journey, I happily surrendered myself into the hands of family, content to take off my boots and sit by the fire.

3 comments:

kj said...

silence and sky, water and rock.

you are such a fine poet, kay. but what is the unseen protection? i hope you do not have other dragons to slay. a little grey rain, i know you can handle.

take care, my friend.

love
love
kj

J.T. Webster said...

Such a lovely place to stop. Enjoy your time away :)

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

kj - Oh yes there are always the dragons (& rain). Unseen protection is around me all the time. I believe.



Sue - Thanks. Yes it's a magical peaceful place.

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'