Saturday, 26 October 2013

Strainers & Ice Plants


mural on surf & lifesaving headquarters, St Kilda beach Dunedin

I don't know who painted the murals on the life saving club rooms, but he has done a real classy job. (I did see the artist at work one day, so I at least know it was a 'he' who painted them).


inviting approach to St Kilda beach

Through the gap and down a much-trampled sand bank, into the smell, sight and sound of the sea.



anyone lost a pink sock?


I didn't feel inclined to go all the way down on to the beach today, a passing nod at the breakers would have to do.


a glimpse of White Island - I've heard it's called that because of its crown of guano


ice plant

strainers


one last lookbefore heading home

2 comments:

A said...

The sock photo made me laugh. My socks have minds of their own too. They turn up places. They disappear during the wash -- no idea how they do it.

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

A - Darling things aren't they the way they disappear in ones! I saw a lone glove on the way home too. (Should've taken a photo of it).

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'