Monday, 16 July 2012

Palmy Gummies & Simply Flowers. Window Shopping.



I'm taking a leaf out of Tara's blog Paris Parfait - she posts glorious photos of the shop windows in Paris.... Palmerston North and gumboots (British call them wellingtons and Americans call them rainboots or galoshes) is far from Paris, France ...


... but I couldn't resist taking a photo of these glam gumboots in a Palmerston North window display. I wouldn't pay $75 for them however (Warehouse $30 gummies do me, especially as they nearly always become covered in mud anyway).




***

'Simply Flowers'
Musselburgh, 
Dunedin, 
New Zealand


 ... thought this shot looked more effective with the black and white treatment ...

Still on the theme of shop window displays, today I took a photo of a local gift shop window - something I have wanted to do for a long time. The window dispalys there are always striking.
Donna of Simply Flowers told me that there is a downstairs part to the shop as well, featuring bridal wear and more gifts. It is a delicious shop worth a look around. If you're in Dunedin, you should visit.



I like how the houses across the road from this shop on Musselburgh Rise are reflected in the window. I had a lot of trouble taking the photos because of reflections. I would like to go back at a different time of day and take a photo of some very cool jeans that today the reflections prevented me from capturing.



3 comments:

Sue McMillan said...

Oooh, I love that shop in Musselburgh. And that bag you photographed - that whole range is devine!
Love the gumboots too.

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

It is a lovely shop, Sue. And right on my doorstep which I like.

city said...

thanks for sharing.

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'