Monday, 4 July 2011

Over Time



into


When all of Ireland was wooded.
When stories were wrapped in runes.
How far we have come. I test murky portals
into ancient history,

try to enter a time rooted in rock
to touch ancient kin
whose blood is in me.
I face the past as if it was the future,

steer into it as if I head into weather.
The future has my back,
the present is in my hands.
For a time.

Kay McKenzie Cooke

How to use time wisely, how to sieve it for clues, how to record its passing. So much to record, so much to recover.

It's been a pleasant winter so far. Our cats have enjoyed acting like starfish in the pools of sunshine spilling over the furniture and floor. I have enjoyed the lack of grey days. The days are short though; by three-thirty the cool edges return to remind.

I am in a bit of a writing frenzy - in fact I have too many ideas to handle. All I can do is write them down, one at a time. There is only so much time in a day. Life is good.

2 comments:

McDinzie said...

you frenzy away :-)

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

:) I will! Just call me Kay McFrenzy Cooke!

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'