Sunday, 27 June 2010

Tattooed Mummy's Meme





Wax-eyes feeding on bread and scones with cream and jam that my sister and her partner have left out for them on a glass-topped, patio table - spoilt birdies!

Tattooed Mummy tagged me - this is what she said:

Here’s the thing, you get to be interrogated and then make you own questions and interrogate some other unsuspecting bloggers – what fun!

What is your favourite name for a girl that you haven’t used for any of your own children?
Elizabeth. (I'm also rather fond of Agnes and Dulcie, but that's a recent leaning … Elizabeth has been the longest standing favourite.)

 If you could live in any country 
EXCEPT the one you live in now which would you choose and why?
Japan – cos that's where some of my family live, a bit of my d.n.a is buried under two trees and where I have left part of my heart.

Chocolate or chips – if one was to be banned which would you pick?
You know, given the choice between salt and sugar, salt might just win out. Yep. I think chips. 

If you won a million on the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy?
The hire of a builder to expand our house by adding an upper floor and creating access to the downstairs area, thus making it a place where three families could live comfortably with their own space … Either that or buy a butternut-coloured Morris Minor.


What catches your eye first in a member of the opposite sex? 
A sense of kinship (affinity).


Trapped on a desert island you can only have one book to read, which would you pick? 
'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery.


You get out of a store and realise you have something in your hand you didn’t pay for. You got away with it. Do you return it? Or keep quiet and keep it?
My conscience is so touchy, that upon discovery of said unintentionally stolen goods, it would immediately enter an unbearable state of panic until said object was returned with accompanying profuse apologies. This clearance of guilt would result in a state of unadulterated bliss from having achieved reprieve (all of which strongly, and correctly, indicates that I was brought up R.C.)

What always cheers you up?
A fire and half a glass of whisky. (Failing that, one of Kate's hot chocolates.) 


You have a whole day to yourself, but no money or internet. What would you do and would it be heaven or hell?
Read, walk along the beach at low tide, watch tv, knit, write, watch a dvd, drink coffee, eat Cheezles and read some more; all of which would add up to a kind of seventh heaven.

Where will you go when you die?
Heaven. Undoubtedly.

And these are who I tag 


Di


Rel


Jan


Leonie


with the following questions:


What is your favourite colour?


What is your favourite tree?


Who is your favourite famous person?


Who is your favourite singer?


When is your favourite time of the year?


When is your preferred time to go to bed / wake up (are you a lark or an owl?)  


Why are you content / discontent?


Why are you living where you are right now?


Where would you like to be in 7 years time?


Where is your favourite place on earth?


(Thank you Tattooed Mummy for tagging me).

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Strange how many of this country's best poets were brought up R.C. (I never knew that about you before). Actually, being brought up Presbyterian also seems to induce a strong sense of duty and honesty :)

tattooed_mummy said...

Thanks for playing! Great answers, and as usual, poetically written, even in prose :-)

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

Catherine - That sense of guilt can swing any way I guess!

TM - Thanks. I enjoyed the challenge!

rel said...

Kay,
I know, I know; I'm working on it. ;)
rel

Di said...

Tis done: http://www.dimackey.com/blog/single/kays-meme-...-about-me

Sorry, it took some time but I haven't hired my PA yet, and life is a little too busy (aka disorganised).

I'm RC raised, although I veered off into born-again christian over a boy in the Baptist church where I was 15. Then was married in a Presbyterian church. Visited the Anglican church, have fallen in love with both the mosque and the synagogue since leaving NZ.

I think I have a weakness for holy places :-)

Kay McKenzie Cooke said...

Rel - Really no hurry - no pressure ...

Di - I appreciate the time you've taken Di! And I love the extra bit of info. you've provided here too - fascinating ...

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'