Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Opening Night

The Opening for Mike's exhibition 'Thunderhead and Rainbow Face' last night was fantastic. We couldn't have wished for better. Heaps of people, and all of them gobsmacked at Mike's work. He has done a tremendous amount of work all year for this exhibition, and the result blew everyone away. It is up for three more weeks at Blue Oyster for many more people to visit, peruse and be wowed.


The artist is the one in the white T-shirt.


My daughter and my two grandchildren,









10 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like it was a great event - congratulations to the artist

Tammy said...

Success! YAY!

Becky Motew said...

I believe you have really captured the excitement in the air with these photos. Are you in one? No? It just looks fantastic and his work especially so.
Congrats!
b

Kay said...

Catherine - Thanks. It was a great night. A nice reward for Mike for his year's work.

Tammy - Yeah! Yay!

Becky - I forgot to take one of me and Robert ... we may revisit and get one taken there before it is taken down. All good for the memoirs!!

Jan said...

A buzzing event!
And good to meet some of your family, Kay..

Marie said...

I was hoping to see a picture of you beaming happily, but I take it you were the photographer. It looks like you had an exciting night.

Remiman said...

Kay
The glow that success and recognition puts on one's face is precious beyond words.
rel

apprentice said...

I'd no idea of the scake of them until I saw these shots. What a great night it looks, in a great venue.

Dana said...

Mike's art is so engaging. I love the color, scale and subject matter.

January said...

Yes, looks like it was a fantastic event!

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'