Sunday, 29 June 2008

monkey puzzle sunrise

I have been writing some new poems - to read, go to 'monkey puzzle sunrise' or click from the sidebar.
Here's one of them, hot off the press:

monkey puzzle sunrise

‘I cannot believe that the inscrutable universe turns on an axis of suffering; surely the strange beauty of the world must somewhere rest on pure joy! ‘ Louise Bogan

This morning,
this sunrise.
This tree,
this terror.

This planet
oscillates
on an axis
of evil. No. Pure beauty.

This t-shirt
soaked in blood. No!
This sky soaked
in bleeding light.

Kay McKenzie Cooke

2 comments:

Carole said...

I'll come back later to read more of the poems , and those I have read again. This poem is itself beautiful and seems to me to be oscillating on a paradox. I love the one about grand daughter on Skype. The description is exquisite -'the anemone limbs'. I could only see photos by email of my first grandson, who was born in Taiwan. This week I received, via the Internet,video of my second grandson (aged 4 months)throwing himself around to the crocodile rock.

kj said...

aaaawh, chief. you're carrying the light of the world....

:)

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'