Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Glenfalloch, Dunedin



Yesterday I went and had a look at a place where S&E are planning to have the Blessing of their Vows in January 2009 - having already got married on Saturday night, 3rd January 2008, in Kyoto.

No time right now to do much 'cept post a piccie or two. Until I get back to a workable routine of work and leisure-time (plus writing time somewhere in there too) that will have to do from yours truly.

Looking out from the restaurant where the Reception will be held.


The roses were looking particularly healthy.




And this is a tiger-lily growing among some fuschia: the exotic among the native. (A joke just for S&E!)

8 comments:

apprentice said...

It looks a lovely spot. And another good thing to look forward to.

Hope you get work and things sorted out soon to your satisfaction.

Shameless said...

What a wonderful spot to hold the ceremony. And you will have all the January colours, too! :-)

mapiprincesa! said...

I grew up with a beautiful rose garden; in the dry heat of Southern Oregon, the roses flourished without worries of rootrot or strange bugs. I have made my attempts here, having learned various "tricks" from my mother, but alas--the humidity does not help me with my task and rootrot almost inevitably sets in, as well as do infestations from various buggers I have never before heard of!

So thank you, Chief, for the lovely rosey pictures. I do love roses so...

Have a wonderful week! Be well.

Remiman said...

CB,
I'm thinking you've chosen a spot with spectacular beauty!
rel

pepektheassassin said...

This is truly a beautiful place. Are you not going to Japan now? Will they be staying in NZ or going back? It's nice that they will be with you, but I was looking forward to your trip to Japan.... *whine, whine*

watermaid said...

My elder son was married in Thailand and then they came to England to have their marriage blessed. My younger son has just become the father of a tiny baby boy, Noah, so I'm now blessed with two grandsons. My daughter, as you know, is soon to return to Japan.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Congratulations!
That's wonderful!!
I wish them a lifetime full of great blessings.
And... I can't wait to hear about the reception, I'm sure it will be even lovlier than the photos that you've shared.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Anne S said...

What a pretty place - it should be a splendid reception.

Best wishes to the bride and groom and their parents of course.

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'