Thursday, 15 November 2007

Waterside


blue harbour

Water seems to dominate my work-days. Not that I mind.

This morning, after fifteen minutes, I realised that there had been a little miscommunication and I was at the pick-up point an hour earlier than I needed to be.

I decided to while the time by taking photos.

I've heard of a parliament of owls - but a committee of seabirds?

No talkies.

... the view to my left



... the view to my right

... the view straight ahead

... but the best view of all - the view behind. Coffee to go. A large, double, flat white please.

I happened to have an hour to spare the very morning an entrepreneur decided to set up coffee-to-go from the back of his car at the car park where I wait for my ride to work. It was his first morning of a fortnight's trial run. When I explained that I didn't have any money on me, he said I could bring him the money tomorrow morning.
And then he gave me my American Sentence for the day:


"I find that on the whole coffee drinkers are very honest people."




11 comments:

dinzie said...

Oh yes ..Coffee drinkers are very honest ... They also want the next mornings cup of java :O)

Catherine said...

Well, that's reassuring. Perhaps I can tell my husband that the next time he tells me I drink too much coffee :)

becky motew said...

That's very heartening. I'm guessing that rotten scuzzballs drink coffee too, though. I think those seabirds are lining up for a cup. What is flat white? Is that extra cream? Mmmmm, my fave.

b

mapiprincesa! said...

Aha...I seemed to notice how my morning disposition improved with just the slightest infusion of café mocha into my diet. We call it "Shani-bucks" at my house... "Mommy-bucks" to the kids.

wendy said...

Now, tea drinkers are a bit more crafty.

I loved the no talkies....

Marie said...

Oh dear, I'm strictly a tea drinker...

I love to see seabirds gathered like that. We call them "The Panel".

maya said...

I too want to know what a flat white is? Gorgeous pics as always my dear!

Mrs. G. said...

As a hardcore cup of Joe lover, I'm going to have to agree.

Shameless said...

What a brilliant quote! That will go down in the books of history somewhere! I myself drink lots of tea ... now what does that mean? :-)

McDinzie said...

well you are just going to have to be at least 10minutes early every day now. :)

chiefbiscuit said...

dinzie - Ha!

catherine - I'm sure it's true!

becky - I have explained what a flat white is at the top of next post.

mapi - mmmm .... :)


wendy - I am actually more of a tea drinker than a coffee drinker - more than one cup of coffee makes my heart palpitate!

marie - I am a tea wife of old.

maya - I explain next post. I will get a job soon! Glad you liked the pics.

mrs g - Americans must call it a cup of Joe - we don't call it that over here.

shameless - Believe me, tea drinkers rock! (e.g. I'm one.) ! :)

mcd - He hasn't appeared since - a bit of a dead loss spot i think. he'll have found somewhere a little more lucrative - so, so far it's been a free cup of coffee! :)

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'