Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Photos from my brother's farm, where I visited in the weekend.

Lollypop the calf.

What they look out at from from their backyard.



After the weekend it’s been straight into work - full bore and full-time. I feel a little bit like I’m on a spinning wheel. However, I am pleased to note that it is not affecting my writing too much. I have managed to write a poem (I wrote the first draft last night, and then finished it tonight.) This is encouraging. Long may it continue, because the last thing I want a forty-hour working week to do, is kill off the writing.

I am pleased too that I am managing to build a walk into the morning as I make my way to work. Part of the walk includes going through the Botanical Gardens. Not that I have time to stop and smell the flowers.

11 comments:

Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Beautiful pics. :-)

beckymotew said...

Yes, CB, but do you have time to smell the coffee? hardy har, I'm just back from vacation myself.

How cute Lollypop is. And gorgeous scenery...as always.

b

pepektheassassin said...

WHatever became of your baby? So, what are you working at now for 40 hours a week?

paris parfait said...

Lovely photos - what a spectacular view! Glad you're still writing! xo

michelle said...

Lollypop is soooo pretty! :)

Catherine said...

Lovely photos. I find walking is very conducive to working on poems. I have a new job lined up, for the half of the week that I'm not doing my other job, and it is walking distance from home, along the river, so I am planning some beautiful walks too.

chiefbiscuit said...

cyn - Thanks! :)

becky - That too!

Lollypop was cute - those eyelashes!!!

pepek - I stopped nannying about four months ago now - and I still miss him!

pp - The writing is not as copious ... but I am managing to find time.

michelle - She is, for a calf!

catherine - I agree - and so do a lot of other writers.

Sabine said...

Oh! That Lollypop is so adorable!

chiefbiscuit said...

sabine - She's bovine beauty!

pepektheassassin said...

I bought your book today! :D

chiefbiscuit said...

pepek - Wow! That's fantastic! :)

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'