Sunday, 25 March 2007
* Basking in the sunshine of early autumn. This is a view over the golf course ABM just about lives at! A long weekend for Otago as it's our Anniversary Day.
* Some matchsticks against flax at the bottom of our driveway - celebrating the colour orange.
And on Friday, local musicians celebrated too - Heritage Day - with some Dunedin punk-rock bands from the '80s getting back together for a retrospective concert. Son M went along. Among other bands, The Clean, The Chills and Sneaky Feelings played. He was disappointed The Verlaines weren't part of it. Maybe next year. And if the response to this inaugural concert is anything to go by, there will be a next time.
* Another reason for M to smile was the launch of a cd by Dunedin group 'The Dry'. M did the art work for it. Very cool. Go to this site to have a look.
* Found out I have received a Highly Commended for a short story I sent into a competition. Confirmation that the novel I am working on is on the right track, as the short story was an excerpt from it.
* All the more reason why I should be at my desk writing ...
and not out taking photos of blue tractors on Tomahawk Beach.
*The little dark spot against the sea to the left, is Jedi participating in her favourite sport of chasing seagulls.
* Early autumn colours from zinnias at our front door - all the more reason to bask a little longer in the sun before winter in its dark-grey overcoat comes knocking.