Saturday, 31 March 2007

Birth date Tag

I wasn't the only one born in 1953. So was the Chevrolet Corvett.

Kamsin from Fearfully Made has tagged me for 'What Happened on Your Birthday'? This entails going to Wikipedia to find 3 events, 2 birthdays, 1 death and 1 holiday that happened on your birth date - that is, month and date (not necessarily the same year). Then you must tag 5 other bloggers.

On my birthday: 25th June


... in 1876, the Battle of Little Bighorn happened, in 1949 Bugs Bunny was released in theatres in America and in 1950 the Korean War began. (It seems Bugs Bunny was a little light relief between wars.)

George Orwell, author of 'Animal Farm' and '1984' etc., shares the same birth date as me, as does Carly Simon the American singer, probably best known for her song, 'You're So Vain'.

Colonel Custer died on my birth date (see ref. above to the Battle of Little Bighorn.) And so did Jacques Yves Cousteau in 1997. (I chose two because I figured Colonel Custer was a given!)

And apparently it's ... ta-dah - National Catfish Day on my birthday. Who'd-a known?

The five bloggers I tag are : Remiman, Avus, Herhimnbryn, Becky and Camille.

14 comments:

kj said...

george orwell, carly simon, and the chief.

now there's a trio i'd like to have lunch with!

:)

kj said...

george orwell, carly simon, and the chief.

now there's a trio i'd like to have lunch with!

:)

kj said...

george orwell, carly simon, and the chief.

now there's a trio i'd like to have lunch with!

:)

Remiman said...

CB,
I'll get right to it. ;-)
rel

chiefbiscuit said...

kj - When you said trio - you really meant trio didn't you ;)

rel - Looking forward to seeing your line up.

Carole said...

Unfortunately, Kamsin is without an internet connection at the moment, having just gone off to her new flat in Canterbury, but I will relay your response if she can't get to an internet cafe. I love Carly Simon and George Orwell has been on my mind in connection with the essay I've been writing (now thankfully finished).

chiefbiscuit said...

carole - The Carly Simon and George Orwell's a nice connection anyway even if Kamsin is without one just now.
Thanks for passing on the news - I didn't pick up the tag until a couple of days after she'd posted it.
She's going to be very busy in the next few days / weeks. I will be thinking of her.

herhimnbryn said...

Will 'ave a go soon! Thanks for the tag.

chiefbiscuit said...

herhimnbryn - Will look forward to seeing your results.

Becky said...

OMG, I just saw this!!! I will do it on my next post, although I just posted.

But I will!!!

b

Avus said...

OK Chief - done it!

chiefbiscuit said...

becky - Thanks Becky - I always feel a little guilty when I tag people ... it's a bit like a prank. I don't do pranks. But anyway, it's been interesting to read what has turned up on different birthdays.

avus - Thanks - just been over and had a look :)

herhimnbryn said...

Mission completed.

Kamsin said...

Thanks for playing along! I kind of have mixed feelings about the whole tagging thing, but it is quite interesting the things you learn from this one. Everyone should google their birthday sometime!

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'