Saturday, 29 April 2006

Autumn Shots



This photo shows Queenstown Bowling Green and out towards the Remarkables mountain range. We dropped into see ABM's folks in Queenstown on our recent trip to Riverton. It was the long way home, but worth it. ABM loves his hometown - and I've grown fond of it too over the years.



This is ABM looking out over Lake Wakatipu towards Walter Peak. It's not Queenstown at its best, being a little grey and drizzly at the time. But I never mind a grey and misty outlook - maybe it appeals to my celtic side.

Just to prove that we in the southern hemisphere are experiencing autumn in all its beauty.

This photo is taken on our recent trip to Invercargill, way down at the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand. We strolled down an arcade lined with trees showing off their autumn foliage. It was a grey, misty day, but the autumn colours were warming and bright.
A mother and her two children were there on an outing. Her son was riding his bike, but the chain had become tangled. ABM spent a bit of time untangling it. As a result, his hands were coverd in oil. Not a great look when you are on your way to a wedding (as we indeed were at the time.) One of the not-so-glam sides to being a Knight in Shining Armour!

7 comments:

Pam in Tucson said...

What a dramatic mountain range. And what fun to see a bowling green. Bowling is played inside in the US in "bowling alleys." My grandfather (the Australian one) was a lawn bowls champion in England. I loved to watch him play. (Love the autumn colours, too!)

natalie said...

I've read the words "bowling green" in books, but never seen a picture. Thanks. :-) Looks much nicer than the bowling alleys I've been in.

Being a knight in shining armor isn't easy, but it's a good thing those knights are around! Bravo to him for taking the time (and messiness) to work on that.

chiefbiscuit said...

Thanks Pam - Yes they are lovely places bowling greens. Very peaceful. My Mum and her family are right into it - not for me though - altho' I've written a poem about this Queenstown green and I have fond memories of visiting bowling greens (mostly when they are emptied of people like this one.)

Thanks Natalie - Yes they are nicer than bowling alleys - I never realised there weren't any bowling greens in America!
ABM definitely is a knight in shining armour anytime he can be! That's why people love him - inluding me (Awww ... how cheesy is that - but true! )

mcdinzie said...

Dont give up the concept of joining a bowling club yet big sis, after all its not until you retire!! Besides its in your blood :)

chiefbiscuit said...

Hi McD - Get out of here with your dire predictions for my retirement! I don't know ... sisters!!!!!

Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Hi Autumn.. we had a lovely springish to summer day today. We road around and had a lovely day.

chiefbiscuit said...

Hi Springy! - Enjoy!!! You certainly deserve it.

Harbour

Harbour
'how this all harbours light'